Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Small Bite out of the Big Apple

Side yard this morning

I am back from the big city, back to my very ordinary life. I was away almost 5 full days this time. The rumor of frost was false, but the trees in my yard have lost some green since I left home.

And there is work to do. The college lads apparently have raked up a large pile of maple leaves for me at the rental. Laundry has also piled high.

With visions of Bach, bridges and babka still in my head and with the taste of pastrami, pickles and pear brandy still on my palate, I need to plunge back into a few more weeks of work before winter--and Florida. It is almost time to put the mowers away--although one year I mulched the leaves on Christmas Eve!

I did not see much of apples or apple trees in NYC, but I did eat some slices, with an almond butter dip prepared by my daughter. I did enjoy some fresh cider. And I indulged in a crafted cocktail that included apple and pear brandy, which we dubbed Autumn Nostalgia.


"Autumn Nostalgia" on the rocks

Check back here soon for some of the highlights and for bucket list items fulfilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment