Monday, January 18, 2016

Hankering for Hong Kong?



This morning I received photos from my sister-in-law in Hong Kong. They are having quite an adventure. That is her word.

I spent a few days in Hong Kong 10 years ago and many images are still fixed in my brain. I don't know which drive my photos are on, but with enough effort I suppose I could retrieve them.

Apparently the chicken feet from the market were also part of a dinner, accompanied by cabbage, that M. actually ordered! Yes, I must use an exclamation point, with no apology. Yuck!

I don't recall seeing these and I am very sure I never ate one (not that there is anything wrong with that!). We mostly ate (sadly) at McDonald's when we were in Hong Kong.

Chicken feet (mistakenly thought to be chicken fingers!) are all part of the adventure--and provide great material for blogging or Facebook. It is with a slight twinge of regret that I scroll through these photos fresh from the other side of the world--regret for not begging to go along.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a true story told by a friend. It happened in Cost Rica many years ago. The mother of the home was preparing a chicken dish from an entire chicken --they come with feet and head attached. The mom gave her two little girls each a boiled chicken foot to eat. It was consider a special treat. My friend asked the girls to show her the feet after they were all done with them so a little while later they called her over. She asked them where the rest of the feet were and they looked at her as if she were not quite in touch with reality. There was NOTHING left to show her. They had eaten every bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete