For a long time now I have been photographing food and flowers (and last year, flights of beer) with a certain amount of OCD intensity. And I am not the only one. As more people have better smart phone cameras, the possibilities for sharing are ever expanding. (I am on Untappd now, too.)
And, with some time on my hands lately, I have been scouting out some Instagram Food Porn. I have discovered a few wonderful photographers and food bloggers.
On a whim, I checked out my recent hamburger/ice cream shop obsession (which is safe to browse, because I can only indulge when I travel to NYC or Florida). And yes, there are plenty of Instagrammers for Shake Shack--even a #dogsofshakeshack category, which are photos of actual dogs eating Shake Shack treats.
Frankly, there are limited ways to make hot dogs, hamburgers or fries Instagram-worthy, even if the burgers are held up with Grand Central Station (NYC) or picturesque Lake Killarney (Winter Park) as a backdrop.
But I have found a few new locations which I might like to visit and even (as a verb now) Instagram; for instance, one just over the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan (walk the bridge, take a few great photos of the skyline, reward yourself).
Below is my own contribution to Shake Shack porn, which I have discreetly not shared anywhere else--a lowly but well-endowed Vienna hot dog. (The hot dog actually spawned the whole enterprise, from a successful hot dog cart in NYC).
This is the Shack-cago dog, with onions and (sport) peppers omitted, and yet, insanely delicious. My next goal is to eat this at one of the downtown Chicago locations, which I just learned about.
And ... I have super-sized it for now (bigger than the blog format) for your drooling pleasure:
![]() |
| My dog from Winter Park last November, with a museum matte treatment. |
(I know, now I am using a lot of and's instead of so's).

No comments:
Post a Comment