I don't have any photos of this one, but I had a lengthy lay in the dental chair today, getting two old silver (mercury!) fillings drilled out and replaced with white. Lots of hands and tools and pads invaded my stretched-open mouth for what seemed like a very long, but careful and thorough process. I have not had such extensive work done in a long time, except for a crown a few years back.
I don't know if I am tough or my teeth are, but I don't use any anesthetic shots. I endured a few painful seconds of drilling on the nerve of each molar I had worked on--and may have curled my toes a bit--but didn't flinch an inch. When it was over, I was pleased that I had elected for no numbing!
This is a new young dentist--so different from the old (recently retired) Doc of the past 20-plus years. The office now has 4 women running things. They have a computer screen with x-rays of my teeth in full view. They said they could email me a photo of my damaged tooth that needs a crown. If I get it, I can add it to this post. I'll bet you can't wait!
Don't you love technology?
No comments:
Post a Comment