![]() |
| This again. The red maple outside my window April 2. |
It happens. April snow showers. The trees were once again transformed for the day.
One weather report mentioned that the nasty polar vortex was moving out of its usual position over the north pole, creating an environment for this white spring surprise. I thought the "v" word was banned or something, but apparently the old vortex has mostly been behaving itself lately and staying home where it belongs.
I guess I can wait a little longer for spring...
I just hope the Michigan fruit trees survive the cold snap, which may go down to 20 degrees yet before this weather pattern lifts. My immediate concern is the hydrangeas that I am in charge of--at least 9 'Endless Summer' shrubs, in "my" church garden. They bloom on old and new wood and have buds on their tips that survived our El Nino winter. I don't know how much cold they can take now, but they will also bloom on new wood if I have to cut them back down to the ground. I will cover the three hydrangeas here that only bloom on old wood and should not be sold or planted here in West Michigan!
![]() |
| The daffs can stand up to snow! |
I have other things to do this week besides playing outdoors: an anniversary to possibly celebrate Monday night, I have to provide goodies for 30 ladies at church on Tuesday AM and then a girls night out with dinner and a musical Tuesday PM, a concert with the husband and friends on Friday, coffee with friends on Saturday and a book club event on Sunday night.
A date with the dump (free yard waste facility) on Wednesday with O. can be postponed if it snows again. But I am anxious to rid the garage and yard of the debris that has accumulated since December.


No comments:
Post a Comment