A particular daughter should take note: I have seen the doctor--with lab work completed. I am destined for at least one more prescription drug, with a few more items to check off the list if I want to clear my chart of to-do's, but I am making progress, I guess. I got a tetanus or Td or whatever booster. That really has been painful in my left arm since yesterday.
Offered a shingles shot, I asked if I could have the lab test first to see if I have even had chicken pox. That is on the schedule now. If I have a bone density test they will probably suggest another drug.
This seems to be the life of the retiree: everything goes bad after 65! Even though I never fell even once last year, I certainly am beginning to feel older. (Both those words sound like fill when Sarah Palin says them, lol).
My numbers on the charts have gone a bit askew, but there is a DRUG for everything nowadays.
Without going into detail, I don't think I have any problem that modern medicine is not prepared to alleviate. I may or may not live a long and healthy life, but I am persuaded now that I must do what I can, accepting what the doctors and the drug companies have for me...
I'm surprised you are being led to the slaughter so meekly!
ReplyDeleteNot really meek here. At some point, it becomes do or die, or so we are led to believe.
Delete...of modern drugs, that is!!
ReplyDeletelol. not really.
Delete*clapping* (from your particular daughter)
ReplyDeleteA bit different reaction from your RN sister. More like a medical lecture--not so much cheering...
Delete