Sunday, April 10, 2016

April Blues

Scene outside my window late Friday, April 8

We had a pretty good March--for West Michigan. I thought I was making good progress in my Spring cleanup at three of my properties and I was encouraged that winter was over and we were close to those wonderful May days--my favorite month of the year.

Today is April 10th and it is snowing. Again! I am completely demoralized.

I spent last week looking at Facebook photos of people in warm places. I do not wish to be them or anything ... I just want a day that is above 40 degrees and not snowing! Is that too much to ask?

Fortunately for the husband, the Master's Golf Tournament from Atlanta, Georgia was on, so he could vicariously enjoy golfers having fun in warm green spaces.

I did have some fun things to do this past week and a book to finish, but now I'm done with this weather!

TruGreen lawn service already came twice last week. I hope whatever they did will be effective in the snow...

This is the time of the year for yellow daffodils and forsythias, not winter whiteness.

I'm heading back into hibernation! Wake me up when this is over.

What's wrong with this picture?? Poinsettias and snow, yes. In April?

2 comments:

  1. In a few days it's going to be in the 70s. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hangin' ... seventy sounds heavenly.

      Delete