![]() |
| Front yard tulips closed for the day--experimenting with the selective focus on my Samsung Galaxy s5 |
My focus may be much too narrow ... but if I had to pick two things that stick out in my life at the moment, it is the bright tulips which dominate the spring scene outside my window and in my gardens, AND the Trumps, who dominate the news every day--on my radio, smart phone and TV, even as "The Donald" marches on to the Republican nomination for POTUS.
Trump's followers are sometimes called Trumpsters, Trumpists or even Trumpeters.
Now I happen to love trumpets. I enjoyed playing the similar cornet when I was in high school. I learned to play most of the brassy instruments. And I love trumpet-shaped flowers, but I am not aware of any trumpet tulips.
Trumpets are mentioned in the Bible--at least a hundred times.
The phrase that comes to my mind is from I Corinthians (not 2 Corinthians as Trump once said!) 15:52: "at the last trump," which refers to the Trump of God. And then there is that old hymn, When the Roll is Called Up Yonder which includes the line, "when the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and time shall be no more."
I can't help but think that some must feel we are in the "end times" of civilization here on earth if someone like Trump can become the leader of the free world!
I would much prefer looking at tulips rather than Trumps (tulips trump Trumps), although, with the exception of The Donald himself, the Trumps are a pretty good looking bunch! (My mother would always correct me that flowers come in bunches, not people!)
I am here ... just waiting and watching. The tulips will soon fade and die, to be replaced by rhododendrons and roses.
But I have a feeling that the Trumps are going to dominate the scene for yet a little while longer---unless this really is the time of the "last Trump"!

No comments:
Post a Comment