![]() |
| Delft ornaments on the Netherlands tree |
I received an early Christmas gift. Thinking it was just advertising, I opened a letter to find that it was a gift membership + 1 to Meijer Gardens for 2017! I thought I would take advantage immediately of a free visit to see the Christmas displays. Thank you, thoughtful daughter from Florida.
There were Christmas trees decorated traditionally from dozens of countries, all meticulously wrapped with lights and loaded with ornaments by a host of volunteers.
The indoor gardens featured orchids and cyclamen and poinsettias and amaryllis wherever there was a spot for them--way too much beauty to capture in a blog post.
In the train display area, we enjoyed replicas of many of our favorite historic buildings in the Grand Rapids area, even the ice cream shop, Jersey Junction, located in East Grand Rapids. Here is one example:
![]() |
| All natural materials were used to craft this church. |
![]() |
| Many lovely Delft tulip ornaments on the tree. |
![]() |
| Christmas Ale for me! |




No comments:
Post a Comment