Friday, December 9, 2016

Trump Rally

Yup, that's him, emerging from the curtain to the cheering crowd at the DeltaPlex.
Who knew Trump would come back to Michigan so soon? Amid a sea of Christmassy RED "Make America Great Again" hats (they ran out of red and I purchased a blue one!) Trump spoke rather long at this thank-you rally in West Michigan. I had heard most of it before and wasn't anxious for an extended evening...

But he talked about how they all were feeling on election night, given all the polls and predictions of pundits that proclaimed he had no path to victory, and what he said to "honey" Ivanka, who was reacting after the exit polls results. And then, the sequence of WINNING states!

His new Education Secretary (Betsy De Vos) spoke. Ronna the former Romney spoke and a few more and then in the middle of his thank you to Michigan speech he announced the appointment of and introduced the Australian born (Michigan) Dow Chemical CEO (Andrew Nicholas Liveris)--who I had never heard of--to head up a new business council. He also put a number on the percentage of business regulations he would roll back. Whoa!

And we saw quite a number of protesters thrown out. "Get him out of here!"

Everyone else was well-behaved, if a little too enthusiastic! USA! USA! TRUMP! TRUMP!

I saw several in t-shirts: HILLARY ... for prison.

The DeltaPlex is not massive or pretty, but it was filled to capacity with young and old alike. I saw babies and old men with canes, all coming out on a dark and snowy Michigan night. I did not see anyone I knew, and only recognized one media person, from Fox News--Peter Doocy, who seemed to be constantly texting.

J. and I were hungry after the rally and enjoyed a slider and a stout at a new brewery nearby that opened just this past May. (So not open in My Year of Beer!) All delish. Fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment