Monday, September 5, 2016

A Cool Day in South Haven



Hot bath, hot curling iron, hot coffee. The day started out hot.  Even church did not cool down until late in the service.

But following the service and after a comfortable ride in the Avalon, I spent a whole cool day at the lake. As I sat waiting for the sunset, a cool lake breeze even sent a brief shiver through my body. Dressed in a t-shirt and capris and having wisely left my swimsuit home (Lake Michigan was frigid!), I enjoyed the first pleasant day in outdoor and open indoor spaces in a long time. What a delight!

Many nephews and nieces with multiple children (one has 8 and came with 6!) played outside while most of the oldest generation (now that Grandma passed last year) relaxed indoors. The youngest family sibling, along with his wife, was finally turning 60. Everyone was invited to their lake house in South Haven to celebrate his Labor Day birthday. I think there were 43 total bodies by mid-afternoon. Masses of bodies, masses of chips, dips, grapes, crackers and cheese and later a catered fried chicken dinner filled out the day and all those tummies. A few took out the water toys, but most completely avoided the suddenly cold Lake Michigan water. The husband briefly braved the water--up to his knees! Maybe next year...

Another great day and another beautiful sunset over Lake Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment