If you check the calendar for National Days of this or that, you will find something to celebrate nearly every day of the year ... and on some days you can celebrate multiple things.
This week I celebrated National (or International) Coffee Day by doing a mini coffee crawl. Of course, I drank a mug on my way to work in the church gardens. After deadheading in a drizzling rain and feeling a little dampish, more hot coffee sounded good. J. and I went to Schuil's Coffee Shoppe to sample their offerings for the day, which included a pumpkin flavored coffee. I ended up buying a bag of their Colombian beans--predictably.
Then in the early afternoon I picked up O. for a jaunt to Horrocks for pickled baby beets, bread and butter pickles and a cup of their (always) free coffee. I indulged in another pumpkin brew, enhanced with cream, sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon just for fun, which I sipped along with my favorite tomato herb bisque soup, accompanied by a baguette of hot and fresh bread. All so satisfying!
By the way, HAPPY FALL!
Fall arrived last week, on a summery hot Thursday in the church garden, at 10:21 AM, but since then we have enjoyed some deliciously cool weather. All things FALL are on my mind. And all things delicious!
Earlier in the week it was Drink a Beer Day, and even though I have been trying to wean myself off this most popular, and oldest beverage in the world, I ended up sampling a new-to-me brew at a new-this-year pub (Brick and Porter--what a great name), one day earlier than the official day, on an Art Prize lunch break.
(That is not my hair in the photo, BTW). The photo was taken by me from outside of Brick and Porter. The inside view of this Art Prize entry features a robin.
Two of our planned trips have been cancelled, including one to the Upper Peninsula next week. I am making my own FALL FUN down here in the Mitten! Until NYC and Florida!
![]() |
| "New Things brewing in Michigan" |
Two of our planned trips have been cancelled, including one to the Upper Peninsula next week. I am making my own FALL FUN down here in the Mitten! Until NYC and Florida!




No comments:
Post a Comment