![]() |
| Badly executed upload to Blogger from photo stolen from daughter's messaging with a shot of One World Trade from a new park--sent to whet my appetite for next visit? |
Ah ... here is a better photo, emailed to my laptop and edited only slightly. Can anyone tell me why my phone will not upload to my Blogger app successfully??
![]() |
| I do love One World Trade (Freedom Tower) and all it stands for! |
I finally booked a fall flight to NYC today ... for HALLOWEEN weekend. Getting excited!! What indeed will I newly discover this time?
As much as I enjoy visiting lower Manhattan/ground zero area, and with much that is new there, it is probably not on the agenda this visit. But the museum is now open, the observation tower is open, the transportation hub, I think, is completed, and I understand a new park has appeared (above).
I spent a Halloween weekend in Orlando and Miami one year (the other place I visit frequently) and saw some pretty weird things on Lincoln Road as we dined out on the street. I wonder if NYC participates fully in this "holiday"?
Will the color in Central Park be optimized this time? With all the hot weather I have been bemoaning all summer, the color in Michigan is predicted to peak a little later this year. Perhaps the same will be true for Central Park.
Will October bring good apples to the Big Apple--for eating if not for bobbing? (Check out origins of apple bobbing on Wikipedia--interesting!)
Will the weather cooperate so that we might enjoy another visit to the NY Botanical Garden before our passes expire? Last fall I walked the Highline. This year I hope to walk the Brooklyn Bridge. If I have enough energy left, perhaps we can also rent bikes in Central Park.
I think a few surprises await--a special concert, perhaps and the promise of a visit to an iconic deli for some pastrami.
But ... hopefully the weekend will not be primarily about the food, although that would be a shame, don't you think? (I will walk it off!)
What would be on your "bucket list" for Manhattan or boroughs beyond?


There is no "perhaps" about that concert. It's happening.
ReplyDeleteYay!!
Delete