![]() |
| All that is left of the old silver maple tree |
There is so much to be done in our yard and inside our house, but I did not know of the husband's intentions to rid the yard of a very large maple tree on the side of the house. He solicited a few bids for removal last weekend.
And the next thing I knew ... I woke up yesterday to find big vehicles in the street--a huge crane and a chipper. I quickly moved my car out of the way and dressed for Art Prize, as planned.
I watched some of the process. The giant crane lifted cut branches over the pine trees and into the mouth of the chipper that was parked on the street. The bottom trunk pieces were stacked on a trailer, but very large branches were devoured quickly--and noisily.
By the time I got home around 2:00 PM, the deed was done. My curb-side lawn is pretty messed up, but the area below the tree is fairly clean, since that crane just lifted everything up and over. It is truly amazing what can be accomplished in less than 5 hours.
All that remains besides (and beside) the stump is a crown of shavings on the dwarf Alberta spruce:
But--we have more sunshine flooding the sun room!
Goodbye big old tree. You never did anything to deserve this demise!



No comments:
Post a Comment