Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Back to Earthing


Today I found that sections of my front lawn were snow-free. I decided to put on my leather moccasins and get in touch with "mother" earth with a little grounding. (I have mentioned this practice in a post previously--I will find link).

Reports are for a high of 52 and showers coming in a couple of days. Soon more ground will be bare.

You say, what is grounding/earthing? You can look it up.

I am not yet convinced--but what is the harm in walking barefoot or in leather mocs on the earth? (Rubber and plastic soles block the flow of electrons, or whatever!) Maybe it's the fresh air and sunshine, but some of the positive effects touted by true believers of grounding are stress relief, better sleep, blood thinning, reduction of inflammation, anti-oxidant benefits, faster healing and even reduction of snoring! You can sleep on a grounding mat, or sit at your computer with one under your feet.

I could never be persuaded to wear shoes when I was a little girl. Maybe  I was on to something!

I would even go barefoot (occasionally) in the pig yards. I was teased by my two older brothers for this. "Pig-manure Rosella" they called out at me. I think that they used that sing-song mocking tone of children. It must have stung a little, because I still remember it 60+ years later.

 Now I only go barefoot at the beach, which is one of the best places for grounding. Wet sand, especially, has great conductivity, releasing all those excess charges that build up in the body from our electronically-charged world (if you believe it!).

3 comments:

  1. I looked it up and learned a lot!
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/04/why-does-walking-barefoot-on-the-earth-make-you-feel-better.aspx

    ReplyDelete